Welcome to the DAAD Information Centre Ethiopia
Please download our current newsletter (June 2015) here - in Standard Size (1,18 MB) or High Quality Size (2,08 MB).
Call for Applicants: 10 Postdoctoral Fellowships in Germany
DAAD offers approx. 10 Postdoctoral Fellowships in Germany for former DAAD In-Region/In-Country scholarship holders from Sub-Saharan countries.
Applicants have to:
- be alumni of the DAAD with the "In-Region/In-country Scholarship Programme"
- have completed their PhD degree less than six years ago
- hold an academic position at a university or research institution in Sub-Saharan Africa
- submit an invitation form from a German host institution together with a research plan which must have been arranged in advance with the host researcher in Germany
- be a national of a Sub-Saharan African country
Applications can be handed in at any time, but at least three months before the intended visit in Germany.
Please find more information here.
Call for Applicants: 10 Postdoctoral Fellowships in Sub-Saharan Africa at DAAD supported Centres of Excellence
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is offering approx. 10 fellowships in 2015 for doing research at one of the DAAD supported Centres of Excellence in Sub-Saharan African countries.
Applicants have to:
- be senior or prospective teaching or research staff, preferably former DAAD scholarship holders
- have completed their PhD degree
- submit an invitation from a Sub-Saharan African host instiution together with a concept note which must have been arrangend in advance with the host researcher
- be nationals of a Sub-Saharan African country
- preferably come from other countries than the country where the programme takes place
Applications can be handed in at any time, but at least two months before the intended visit in the respective country.
Please click here for further information.
Call for Applicants: Staff Exchange in Sub-Saharan African countries - Fellowship announcement
The DAAD is offering approx. 10 fellowships in 2015 for Staff Exchange in Sub-Saharan African countries.
Applicants have to:
- a senior staff at a Sub-Saharan African university
- submit an invitation from a Sub-Saharan African host university together with a concept note indicating the duties and functions and the envisaged time frame
- be nationals of a Sub-Saharan country
- provide leave of absence provided by their home institution for the purpose of teaching at the host institution
Applications can be handed in at any time but at least two months before the intended visit at the host institution.
Please click here for more information.
Call for Applicants: Master's Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance (PPGG)
DAAD's programme is supporting future leaders who want to promote democracy and social justice in their home country. The programme offers the chance to acquire a Master's degree in Master programmes of particular relevance for the social, political and economic development in the student's country of origin. Highly qualified graduates holding a first academic degree are being educated in political science, law, economics and administration.
Applicants may choose between eight study courses at eight different German Universities.
- DAAD application form
- Motivation letter containing a precise description of the applicant's academic/ professional and personal reasons for wishing to participate in the programme
- Full CV
- Copies of acquired University degrees
- Copies of Transcript of Records
- Copy of the school leaving certificate
- recent language certificates (German/English)
- two letters of recommendation (one by a University professor and/ or current or former employers)
Please find the current announcement and more information here.
Application deadline: 31st July 2015
New list of study courses for DAAD's Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS) has been published
The new list of study courses in the field of Development-Related Postgraduate Courses for the intake 2016 has been published. Earliest application deadline is 31st August, 2015 (Please note that application for the scholarship and the programme is made directly to the school and done at least 1 year prior to year of commencement of scholarship.)
Courses of Study:
- Economic Sciences/ Business Administration/ Political Economics
- Development Cooperation
- Engineering and Related Sciences
- Regional planning
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Medicine/ Public Health
- Social and Political Sciences and Education
- Media Studies
Please find more information on the programme and application formalities here.