On November 21st, 2011 the DAAD Information Point was founded in Addis Ababa and is one of over 57 Information Points worldwide.
The DAAD Information Point in Addis Ababa provides information on study and research in Germany, advises students and academicians on funding opportunities, and assists in building ties between German and Ethiopian institutions of higher education.
What We Do
- To advice international academic exchange and establish networks
- To provide information and counseling
- To promote the German higher education area through
- print and electronic publications
- special events (alumni meetings etc.)
- participation in higher education fairs
- To provide organizational support to universities and
- To award scholarships and grants.
In 2020, DAAD supported 423 Ethiopian postgraduate students, lecturers, researchers and higher education administrators to study, do research or be trained in their home country, in another African country or, primarily, in Germany. Vice versa, 63 Germans received DAAD funding for research in Ethiopia. Furthermore, the DAAD fostered 16 partnerships between Ethiopian and German institutions of higher education.
- Girma Teshome
Phone: +251 (0)924 849 748
- Haftom Gebreab
Phone: +251 (0) 942 134 421
Where to find us
DAAD Information Point Addis Ababa
International Leadership Institute (near the Egyptian Embassy)
Block B, Room 504
PO Box: 32539
Office Telephone: +251 118641144
For enquiries you can also use our contact form.
The consultation at the DAAD Information Point is based on best knowledge and practice and is offered in good faith. The DAAD Information Centre, however, accepts no liability for the correctness of information.